Sunday, April 12, 2009

Update Vs Ranting

Wow!! Its been like a month or more since I wrote something here. Close friends would know what I've been through. I was busy and perhaps lazy:P

Cafe has finally come to an end but the paperwork just won't want to finish. Exam is coming in two weeks time and I guess I shall write something before I get really busy again. Christie, Vien, Elsa, Vinc and whoever is reading this, I got my practical already!!! Sorry for letting you girls to find out here as I was busy and lazy(forgive me) I got my practical in Traders Hotel next to KLCC and will be working there for 3 months. Wish me all the best I guess. I'll be working like a cow for the next 3 months if you know what I was trying to say here.

Let me share some thoughts here since I'm talking about my internship.

Recently I have came across with this money versus work thing which sometimes really piss me off or at least got me ranting. Let me ask you a question before I start writing anything. Do you think money is important? The answer would be "yes", 10/10 of the people you asked. Who won't like money and those who don't are either crazy or crazy. What I was trying to say is money is definitely something we can't live without but there will be something that is equally important.

This was inspired by my internship application. As a beginner who has little or no experience in the real industry, I would say that experience is way more important than money. In the hotel industry, during the internship period, most likely you won't get a cent paid for working your ass off 8 hours a day, or sometimes more. This is the reality and anyone who has chose to do this must be ready to accept the fact. However, I always disagree with the phrase "work for free". Call me stupid or naive but I personally think it's never free. It's just like when you're paying for your education, only this is working hands-on to get educated. To me, even the smallest thing you do now will be something crucial to a decision you'll have to make when you're a manager in the future.

What I was trying say is that a fresh-grad student, even with the best result, will still be a person who knows little or nothing about the real world. To me, being humble is the best way to learn. Even the the most successful man started his job in the lowest level.

Happy Working everybody:)

1 comment:

ying86 said...

hey, sorry just only started reading bolgs again. =) however, hehe..i will be the one who think money is not that important. Its a necessity and maybe necessary. But yea, for internship most students won't get pay. Just act it as u are paying for the knowledge, experience and etc. u get in exchange of working there. =) good luck with ur practical there. Damn, i going to miss u guys since all of u are over there. And i might not be able to go to KL this JUne to see you guys...sob sob...and some of my own reasons why i think i will let UM or UKM go..sigh...miss you...muackss